The threats we need to guard against have changed dramatically over time. From the heavy steel of medieval times that covered soldiers' gilded armor from head to toe, until we discovered the ballistic suits we can easily use today. We adapt and innovate things when necessary. The main goal of wearing ballistic suits is to maintain the necessary level of firearm protection while maintaining mobility and flexibility. Some jobs require protecting yourself from injuries that can sometimes be fatal. So, you need to know how to choose the best ballistic suit to invest in, because it can be the difference between life and death.
Sometimes when we think about buying protective gear, we tend to get complacent. We probably think it's safe because it's completely bulletproof. However, we should understand that when choosing ballistic suits, some specific criteria must be considered.
1) Protection level. You have to be honest with yourself, you need protection. More importantly, you should only trust protective complete bulletproof suit when you have already tested it against some specific threats.
2) Comfort. Comfort depends on the weight and mobility that the ballistic panel can provide the wearer. More weight doesn't mean more protection. Polyethylene, a lightweight board is more efficient than ceramic board, remember? Trauma pads that offer ultimate protection cost more. Make sure to get fit, tested and certified armor. Don't settle for loose armor for your own comfort.
3) Concealment. We have to hide our ballistic suits. Therefore, you will need the type of plate armor that is suitable for the weather, such as multi curve ceramic plates. You don't want to be a heavy, thick plate on a hot summer day, do you?
4) Maintenance. Everything needs care and maintenance, some need more attention. You have to be careful not to throw or fold your vest. If you notice curves starting to form or the seal is punctured, it must be replaced. Ballistic material on this cut and curve will inevitably affect its protective properties.
5) Cost. You need to expect that protective gear is expensive. But investing in these ballistic suits is like buying another day in your life. When you allocate enough money for this, you can upgrade your armor's protective coating.